What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 18 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and Bearkat Bucks, conveniently loaded onto your Bearkat OneCard. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Old Main Market and General’s Market.
Bearkat BucksBearkat Bucks may be used at any Sam Houston State Dining location. Visit our location page for information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- To-go meals: simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at any of our dining halls – learn more about our to-go meals!
- August 19 - Fall Meal Plans begin
- August 26 – Last Day to change Fall meal plan
- November 7 - First Day to sign up for your Spring Meal Plan
- January 13 - Spring Meal Plans begin
- January 20 – Last Day to change Spring meal plan